- Born and raised in Pittsburgh area.
- Married to Cindy Jo Arturo. Two children, Mike, 21 years old and senior at Robert Morris University, Becky, 19 years old Junior at Westminster College.
- Graduated Central Catholic High School, 1973
- 1972, Senior year, was co-founder with Fred Jacob of the first high school hockey team at Central Catholic High School in Pittsburgh. Also served as club president and team captain.
- Graduated University of Pittsburgh, 1977, BS in Child Development/Child Care.
- Assistant Captain University of Pittsburgh Club team, 1974-77, club president 1975-77.
- Graduate work in Sports Administration, Penn State University, 1980
- Intern at USA Hockey national office summer 1981 (Was AHAUS at the time.)
- Moved to Chicago, August 1983.
- August 1983 – August 1984, Hockey Director, Sports Dynamics a company that ran Learn to Play Hockey programs all over greater Chicagoland area.
- September 1984 – August 1993, Owner Kids On Ice which ran Learn to Play Hockey programs in over 15 rinks throughout the Chicagoland area.
- Was responsible for the resurrection of youth hockey on the south side of Chicago in the mid 80’s as he developed strong programs at St. Jude, Chicago Hawks and Orland Park Ice Arena.
- 1985 -1989 Published Chicagoland Hockey, a 32 page newspaper, 16 publications a year about Chicagoland youth, high school and college area hockey.
- 1992 With Huskies, was selected as one of the original 17 hockey clubs in the United States to test pilot the USA Hockey Initiation program.
- USA Hockey Level 1 Coaching Instructor 1992 to present.
- 1995-1998 Opened Orland Park Ice Arena (now Artic Zone) as hockey director.
- 1998 – present, Hockey Director, Robert Morris University, Island Sports Center.
- Has introduced over 14,000 children to the sport of hockey
- Started house league hockey here at RMU back in 1998, a concept that was almost non-existent in the Pittsburgh area. The program has grown to 49 teams, including over 650 children ages 4-16. The program is the largest one of the largest in the country.
- Introduced the concept of 3 ON 3 summer league hockey to the area with a league that has grown from 24 to 124 teams.
- Started the Western Pa High School InLine Hockey League in 1998 with seven teams from four schools. The league has since grown into over 100 teams from 60+ school districts. Before the league began InLine Hockey was something ice hockey players did in the summer. InLine Hockey has now become a sport with an identity of its own as other four additional rinks have opened because of the growth of the sport.
- Started the Western Pa Collegiate InLine Roller Hockey league to the Pittsburgh area and thus created a new sport for Western Pa.
Coach Bob’s goal for each child is simple in that he and the coaching staff have a positive impact on each child’s life.
As he tells the parents at the start of each season, while teaching hockey and skating is important, what really matters is 20, 30 or 40 years from now when the moms and dads are sitting on the porch at that retirement facility and look back over the years and say, Hey my child turned out pretty good. Hopefully, we have done something here that helped their child in a positive way. If so, we have been successful.