Theatre On Ice (TOI) is a form of competitive figure skating that is popular in Europe, where it is known as Ballet on Ice. It combines the grace of figure skating with the excitement of theater and dance. Teams consist of between eight and 30 skaters. Solo skating is discouraged, but is permitted in limited amounts if it enhances the overall telling of the program’s story. Skaters, both competitive and noncompetitive, can learn and grow on a theater team. Best of all, a team can draw club skaters together and increase club spirit.
Benefits to the Skater
- Gives the skater more confidence when performing at competitions and shows by bringing an emotional spirit into their skating
- Provides skaters a chance to develop the dramatic side of their skating
- Offers skaters the opportunity to be part of a team while continuing to use their technical skills
- Provides the skater with a chance to make new friends
- Performances in the RMU Holiday Skating Spectacular, PPG Light Up Night, Schenley Park Ice Show, South Park Ice show and more!
2016-17 TOI Brochure
SCHEDULES AND FEES
Fall Session | 6 Weeks / $144
Sunday | 8 – 8:50 a.m. | Stadium Rink
Oct. 16, 23, 30, Nov. 6, 13, 20, *
* NO CLASS NOV. 27
Winter Session | 9 Weeks / $216
Saturday | 8 – 8:50 a.m. | Stadium Rink
Jan. 7, *, 21, 28, Feb. 4, 11, 18, 25, March 4, 11
* NO CLASS JAN. 14
Summer Session | 7 Weeks / $154
Thursday | 4 – 4:50 p.m. | Olympic Arena
June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20, 27
No sibling or family discounts
Friday, Nov. 18 | 4 – 6:30 p.m.
Light Up Night Performance @ The Rink at PPG Place
Saturday, Dec. 3 | 8 – 10:50 a.m.
Dress Rehearsal Holiday Show
Saturday, Dec. 3 and Sunday, Dec. 4 | 1 – 4 p.m.
Holiday Skating Show
Saturday in February: Pittsburgh Figure Skating Club
Exhibition @ Schenley Park Ice Rink – Morning Time: TBA
Sunday, March 26 | Shamrock Skate Competition –
Exhibition Performance – Time: TBA
Wednesday, July 26 | 6:25 p.m.
Exhibition for Skating School
Please Note: Additional exhibitions may be scheduled
throughout the season. Advanced notice will be provided.
|*Additional Exhibitions may be added throughout the season.|
Additional Fees & Information
• All ages and ability levels welcome!
• All skaters must have their own skates.
• Costumes fees are additional and vary upon the skater’s
performance role on the team. Costumes and roles will
be discussed during the first class.
• All skaters must be currently enrolled in group lesson
classes or taking private lessons.
• Skaters will be required to join ISI and/or a Learn to
USA /US FS Skating Club. Memberships are required to
participate in some of the shows and events that TOI will
participate in. Membership information will be provided
as needed. (ISI, Learn to Skate USA and Skating Club
memberships are not included in the class fees.)
• There is no sibling or family discount.
• TOI fees cannot be pro-rated.
For More information contact Crystal Mekonis at 412-720-7217 or firstname.lastname@example.org