ADULT SUMMER FREESTYLE
SYNCHRONIZED SKATING COMPETITIVE TEAMS - STEEL CITY BLADES
SYNCHRONIZED SKATING DEVELOPMENTAL PROGRAM - LITTLE BLADES
THEATRE ON ICE
SPECIAL EVENTS & SEMINARS
FIGURE SKATING DEVELOPMENT CLASS
US Figure Skating Freestyle 1 - 2 - 3
A comprehensive lesson and testing structure designed to develop fundamental ice skating skills while introducing the basic elements of figure skating. Emphasis is on mastery of forward stroking, forward and backward crossovers, edges and turns. More advanced skills and figure skating elements necessary for freestyle, ice dancing, field moves, pairs skating and synchronized skating are introduced.
The Figure Skating Development Class will follow the US Figure Skating Basic Skills Freestyle Testing Structure.
- Successful completion of ISI Delta Skill Test or U.S. Figure Skating Pre-Preliminary Field Move Test
- Weekly private ice skating lessons from a RMU ISC figure skating staff coach
- Skaters who participate in the Figure Skating Development & Junior Competitive classes must be current members of the United States Figure Skating Association. The annual US FS Basic Skills membership fee of $12.00 must be paid by the skater; registration is available at the Customer Service Desk. The annual membership fee is good from July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2016 Skaters who are full club members of the Pittsburgh Figure Skating Club do not need a Basic Skills membership.
- Length of series and fees vary depending on seasonal schedule - please see class schedule for details
- 30 minute instructional class
- 10 minute stroking workshop
- Freestyle practice session included
- US Figure Skating Freestyle 1 - 3
- Skaters will be divided into groups based on class enrollment and FS test level
Class Day & Time
|4:40 - 5:40 PM
||11:00 - 11:50 AM
||Freestyle Practice Session
|5:50 - 6:00 PM
||11:50 AM - 12:00 PM
|6:00 - 6:30 PM
||12:00 - 12:30 PM
* No Discount for not using the FS session
* Practice freestyle sessions MAY NOT be made-up or credited for another freestyle session.